The Covenant, The Sword, and the Arm of the Lord
- Size: ~120 members
- Years Active: 1971-1985
- Type: Christian Identity
The CSA believed in Christian Identity. Specifically, the CSA was a fundamentalist right-wing organization with strong ties to Neo-Nazi elements, publishing pamphlets promoting Aryanism, race wars, and anti-Semitic beliefs. The group believed that the end of the world was nigh, and that they would be required to fight against the Zionist-controlled government.
The CSA had a 224-acre compound, which was equipped with a central command bunker, other concrete bunkers, and a 94-foot tower for communication.
The CSA accumulated approximately 94 rifles, 35 shotguns, 30 handguns, 1 machine gun, 1 RPG, and C4 explosives. In addition, their infantry squads were set up to be armed with the following equipment:
- Ruger Mini-14 .223 rifle
- H&K Model 91 .308 rifle
- MAC-10 submachine guns
- Ruger .22 pistols
The CSA's origins came from a small Baptist church in Missouri called the Zarephath-Horeb Community Church. This church radicalized under the leadership of James Ellison, and became a paramilitary organization, building a compound and amassing a large stockpile of weapons. They developed a paramilitary arm which offered combat training for over 1500 individuals.
In 1985, the FBI investigated the group for weapons. A showdown at the compound was resolved, and the organization was dissolved.
After James Ellison testified against several leaders of the Aryan Nations, he was released and moved to Elohim City.